Monday, October 29, 2012

Homecoming

There is no place like home Stillwater, OK.  Last weekend was homecoming at Oklahoma State.  And there really is nothing else on Earth like it.  It's even hard to describe - a week full of activities and competitions concluding with "Walk Arounds" where a ton of people fill the streets and walk around to the fraternity houses looking at the house decks - sororities and fraternities pair up and create monstrous displays out of tissue paper that is pomped into chicken wire.  Like I said, it's hard to explain.  And really there isn't a good explanation for the amount of money and time that goes into the grandiose decorations.  But it's always a really good time walking around looking at them and running into old college buddies.

Hopefully above and below give you an idea for the scale.  Do you see the guy posing in the above pic next to "Here comes bullet"?  And look at the masses of people that come to town to view at all...

I think campus is beautiful.  I'm not biased or anything.




 Oklahoma has some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  I got to see several while I was there.  Since we had to awake early Saturday for the 11am kickoff, I awoke to this view out the hotel window.  Not a bad way to start the day. 

It's hard to beat this stadium...



  Go Pokes!

I filled up on all of my favorite unhealthy foods - Joe's cheese fries, Coney onion burger, Hideaway pizza, Braum's ice cream, and a few adult beverages to wash it all down.  Now it's time to get back to the gym!
I think my husband won the best dressed award.  He got quite a few looks in these pants.  And several people stopped him to ask where he got his I (Pistol Pete) NY t-shirt.  By the way, they are for sale through the NYC Cowboys alumni association chapter.  And all of the money goes towards a scholarship!

The early kick off made tailgating and the bar scene more tame than usual, but we still enjoyed visiting the drive-thru Barn, jello shots in syringes, and a shot with military guys on the Strip.

I can't wait to do it all again soon!  Hopefully Bedlam next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment