Monday, September 12, 2011

Labor day

We enjoyed an extra long Labor Day weekend with my in-laws.  We spent a busy couple of days in the city and a few more relaxing, rainy days upstate.

They arrived late Friday night. so we stayed up late with a couple of cocktails catching up.  The next morning we went to Eataly as soon as they opened to avoid the crowds and loaded up on all kinds of tasty treats.



Then my husband and father-in-law went to Yankee stadium for a game and thoroughly enjoyed the Jim Beam bar while my mother-in-law and I saw War Horse.  It was a terrific play (this year's Tony award winner).  The mechanics were incredible - it took three people to operate one horse.  If you've seen Lion King on Broadway it's the same idea but with even more animation.


We met up at our apartment afterwards to make homemade pasta.  If Michael White is the pasta king, then I'm the pasta queen.  I've gotten the hang of the pasta roller attachments.  And now I look the part too in my real chef shirt!



Sunday morning we all met the other in-laws.  My brother-in-law is getting married in California this fall and none of the couple's parents had ever met each other.  So, since all of them just happened to be on the east coast for the weekend, they arranged to meet for brunch in NYC.  We started off with mimosas at our apartment and then went to the very appropriately named restaurant, Jane.  They are super sweet people, and I'm so glad we got to enjoy each other's company before the big wedding.


The Vanilla Bean French Toast looked out of this world.


Then it was time to head upstate for the second half of the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment