Monday, September 5, 2011

More KitchenAid cooking


The KitchenAid mixer has still been getting plenty of use.  (Husbands, if you wish your wives would cook more often, simply supply them with awesome kitchen gadgets like this!)  The latest recipes have included meat and sweets (but not together)...  more meatballs, mini meatloaf, chocolate chip cookies, and Mountain Dew cupcakes.

The meatballs are a secret family recipe that I've vowed not to share, but this Cooking Light recipe is a low fat version of meatloaf that I think sometimes tastes like a McDonald's quarter pounder... it's gotta be all of the onions and ketchup/mustard sauce.

  

I'm not sure if I'll keep making my signature Toll House cookies in the mixer.  I think mixing by hand is part of the trick to making them puffy.  They turned out a little flatter than what I'm used to and got drier quicker, but they still tasted pretty awesome.  The look on my husband's face proved he wasn't lying.


The Mountain Dew cupcakes really tasted like the caffeinated citrus beverage, but the icing was very soft and runny.  I have a feeling I didn't add enough powedered sugar, but after my hand starting cramping from sifting I was done.



No comments:

Post a Comment