Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas

This year we spent Christmas in the city - just the two of us.  And virtually in Oklahoma, California, and Wisconsin.  We skyped with our families so we could exchange our presents "together".  Christmas Eve we went to the NYC ballet to see George Balanchine's The Nutcracker.  I'm glad we went and checked it off of my bucket list, but I don't think it's anything we'll make a tradition.  The kids were cute to watch and the adults showed amazing athleticism.  I begged Gino to take a picture with the snowflake ballerina with me.  (One of the only things this Christmas had in common with last year's is his sweater).


Afterwards, we came home and cooked homemade pasta, enjoyed the most amazing bottle of wine, and exchanged our gifts to each other.  Santa husband spoiled me with a very fancy new camera.  Christmas day we opened the rest of our presents and made gingerbread waffles.  They tasted just like the holidays.


We went on a walk to check out the window displays on 5th Avenue, see the Rockefeller tree, and practice with my new toy.  I have a lot to learn.  This just feels like NYC to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment