Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cinco de Derby

Two of my very favorite days of the year are Cinco de Mayo and Derby Day and when they fall on the same day, it doesn't get much better!  Nothing compares to actually going to the Derby and standing on the track....


but this was still a ton of fun!


We started early and ran into these funny guys that were doing a pub crawl...


Ready to run for the roses!


Mint Juleps!




Cheers with a creeper in the back.  ;)


The more the merrier!




My cutie...


Then the margaritas started to flow...


Birthday girls (+1)...



Last year, my husband and I bet every single race and didn't win a single one. Even when we bet every horse in the last race, the winner was a favorite so we still lost!  All of the OTB's in NYC shut down, so this year my husband and I were degenerates and opened online betting accounts.  Not quite as fun as holding a real ticket in your hand, but it let us still enjoy the excitement.  He at least won a couple this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment