Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thirty

It's not the way I had imagined spending my 30th birthday, but it definitely was a memorable one!  I arrived in Hong Kong late the night before.  I turned thirty crossing the border into China.  I arrived at the hotel so tired my eyes were burning.  I had to get up and be ready for work early the next morning, so I fell fast asleep but awoke throughout the night.

I've been to China once before, but this was my first time in over 4 years and with my current employer.  I started the day at our local office putting faces to all of the names I've been working with for last six months.  Then we headed out to see a couple of our suppliers.  I did not expect to pull up to red carpet treatment!  I wish I was prepared, so I could have taken a couple of pictures.  The owner and several employees were waiting for us lining the entrance steps and holding huge, beautiful bouquets.  What do you know birthday flowers.  :)

(This was afterwards, when it was starting to blow away).


After stopping by another supplier, I came back to the hotel.  It was early, but I was already getting tired and didn't feel like going to dinner.  I was skyping with my mom, then my husband called, and then the doorbell rang and a birthday cake was delivered.  (From the hotel - so sweet and such a nice surprise!)  It all happened all at once, so it kind of felt like a birthday party.


I went to bed, but when I woke up it was still my birthday... in the USA.  I had more phone calls and cards.  It ended up being a three day birthday with unexpected flowers and cake and love from all across the world.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment