Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter Eve we had date night downtown.  We tried a new restaurant that I found in the same article that lead my husband to Catskill Distillery for Peace vodka a week ago.  It was called King which I thought was appropriate for the night before Easter.  The Sicilian Choke cocktail which was featured in the article actually ended up being my least favorite thing there.  We started with ramps and remesco, tots with bernaise, and fluke crudo.  Although it's not an Italian restaurant, we both ordered pasta for our entree.  I had beef ravioli with black truffle sauce and he had spaghetti with duck ragu.  Everything was wonderful!  The pasta was so fresh and some of the best I've ever had.  I would definitely return!

The next morning we got up early and went to mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral.  I feel lucky to have this as our local neighborhood church:



 Easter lilies...






And then we walked up Park Avenue on our way home so I could look at all of the tulips.  





We picked up breakfast and then took a nap.  The only thing we were missing was family!


No comments:

Post a Comment