Thursday, April 5, 2012

Upstate Update

Last week, we went upstate to check a few to-do's off the list.  We got a new land survey so we could determine where to place the house on the lot.  (I don't know if I've mentioned on here that we plan to build a house!  It is a long-term project, but hopefully, in about a year we'll have something close to completion.)  Anyway, we have a VERY funky shaped lot, but we have more space than we thought!  :)  From the far back corner of the lot you can't even see the cabin.


We plan to have a big side porch.  I think this is what the view will be when we're sitting outside.  Not too shabby...


All the snow has melted, but it's still cold and cloudy.  Not a creature stirring (oh, wait, we did see mice!  Eek!).  The water looked like glass.


This is my favorite view driving down the mountain.  I can't wait for Spring and all of the brown to turn to green.


On our way home, we took a small detour to The Catskill Distilling Company in Bethel, NY.  Trivia for the day:  Did you know Bethel, NY was the host of Woodstock?  Not, in fact, Woodstock, NY?  My husband had read about the distillery in a magazine article, so we picked up a bottle of Peace vodka and looked around for a couple of minutes.  Look at the awesome copper pots!




I hope in the summertime, the place gets a good crowd because it was a really neat spot.  I'd love to come back and sit on their patio and listen to some live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment