Tuesday, August 23, 2011

KitchenAid cooking

I'm still enjoying our new toy.  I can't get enough of it.  I just want to keep mixing things.  So, I recently made s'mores cookies.  I saw a couple of different recipes on pinterest that I sort of combined.  I'm not really sure why they said to refrigerate the dough before baking.  In my opinion, it just made it harder to scoop and form.  You bake the dough on top of the graham crackers.  Here they are going into the oven...


Here they are comin' out of the oven...


They are gooey and stick to your teeth like real campfire s'mores, but I was disappointed.  They didn't rival my popular chocolate chip cookies.  When I pulled them out of the oven they still looked doughy inside.  So I baked them longer.  And they still looked doughy.  So I baked them longer.  And... they were still doughy in the middle.  So I gave up and assumed they bake more like brownies than cookies.

Even though my husband was busy making us breakfast, I wanted to mix some more (not s'more) stuff.  So I pulled out the ingredients for pancakes and threw 'em into the mixer.  Sunday morning I repaid him and made him 8 month chocolate chip anniversary pancakes...


My new initial...


Supposed to be a 21 (for the date), but I ran out of batter...


It was also two special friends' birthdays.  Happy (belated) birthday to the cutest five-year-old I know & to a five-year old at heart?  :)  That's a nice way of not mentioning age, right?

And to finish the night off, we once again made homemade pasta.  This time we tried the "middle-class" recipe (in between the poor man's pasta and rich man's version - basically an adjustment on the amount of eggs in the dough) and cut it into fettuccine.  How is it possible that we never have any left?  I guess it's that good.  We'll put it to the true taste test when my in-laws are in town Labor Day weekend and we make it again.  ...or maybe I can convince my husband we need to "practice" one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment