Friday, August 5, 2011

Roscoe date night


Last weekend my husband and I went on an impromptu date in Roscoe.  I didn't even know we could do that up there!  I needed a snack before we called it a night and we didn't stock up on food for the weekend, so I twisted my husband's arm and we decided to try Lake's End at Tennanah.  It is a casual establishment made up of the Boathouse Cafe (food) and Stadium Club (bar).  We grabbed a drink from the Stadium Club bar, which is decked out in quite an eclectic assortment of sports paraphernalia (my husband pointed out some autographed jerseys of some people I don't know).  We headed outside and sat on the deck overlooking the lake at the Boathouse Cafe.  It's hard to beat the view.  And the location is perfect for us.  It saves us a trip down the mountain into town and we could stumble home if needed.

I don't think I would get a glass of wine again - my pinot grigio was warm, so I switched to beer.  I ordered a summery Shock Top beer and was pleasantly surprised when the waitress showed up with a Shock Top Raspberry Wheat.  Right up my alley!  I can also attest that their deep frier works well.  Mozzarella sticks and french fries were piping hot and did the trick of filling my tummy for a late night snack.

The weather was perfect, but we have to remember to bring bug spray next time.  And the place was hoppin' because the Hilfiger Brothers band (a portion of the X-Brothers) was performing.  Andy Hilfiger is a neighbor and sometimes rocks out with his fam at the lake.  I'm not sure how many Hilfiger brothers were actually there, but their family and friends filled up most of the outdoor deck.  Although I wouldn't pay to see a show, the live music made for a really fun atmosphere.

I'm always so sad to drive back to the reality of work the next morning, but this time it was a little more enjoyable... we lathered up with sunscreen and took part of the top off the Jeep.


My view looking up:


I'm sorry to say this because I feel awful for my family and friends trying to survive this summer's heat wave in Oklahoma, but the weather was pretty awesome.  When we left Roscoe Sunday afternoon it was a perfect 79 degrees.  :)  When we pulled into the city it was 92 degrees.  I suppose nothing to complain about though.  Don't worry, I'll get my payback this winter!

1 comment: