Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Martha Marcy May Marlene


I previously mentioned the movie Martha Marcy May Marlene.  Well, last Friday was its national debut in limited release.  My husband and I headed downtown to the Angelika Film Center & Cafe where it was being shown in NYC.  It was a good thing we bought tickets in advance because the theater was packed - completely sold out.  It was also boiling hot inside - I'm not sure I'll ever be able to drag my husband back there it was so uncomfortable.

In the movie, you never see our actual property, but about half of the movie was filmed at the lake.  So you get a lot of great lake views.  Elizabeth Olsen, the younger sister of the evil munchkin Olsen twins, stars in the movie.  And she also didn't hesitate to jump into our own Tennanah Lake in the buff!  But the movie hit a little too close to home, especially during a home invasion scene that was filmed at a neighbor's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment