Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shoe of the Week

This week's shoe is probably my absolute favorite shoe I've ever owned.  It's a special occasion shoe - so far this pair has only come out for the Kentucky Derby, my best friend's 30th birthday party, and tonight for my brother-in-law and now sister-in-law's wedding.  I'm thrilled to wear my favorite shoes, but even more excited to be at their celebration.  Just maybe they'll motivate my husband to get down on the dance floor.  Who can resist dancing with mirrored disco ball feet?

These beauties called my name as soon as I saw them.  I mean, come on, it can't get any more perfect than hot pink, glitter, AND a bow!  September 14, 2010, I was watching Oprah on DVR.  The guests that day were the dysfunctional Judd family, and for a second the camera panned down to Momma Judd's feet, and I saw the most unbelievable shoes...


The shoes weren't ever even the topic of conversation.  They just instantly caught my eye.  I started yelling for my husband to come in the room and check them out (because I know how much he cares about stuff like this).  I had to rewind and pause the screen to get a good look.  They didn't mention the brand, but I was on a mission to find them.  It didn't take long with the help of the world wide web.  There they were - the Kate Spade Charm - just waiting for me to find them and take them home.  Except there was one problem.  They were sold out of my size!  The next morning I called the store, and they didn't have my size either.  Just like the name, I found a charm of a sales associate who called other stores around the country and found them for me.  They showed up at my door in a pretty pink and orange box (I told you they were perfect for me) a couple of days later.  At the time, I thought they would be my perfect wedding shoes.  (That was back when we had our perfect wedding venue).  Later, I went wedding dress shopping and the dress I picked was going to snag on the glittery shoes.  I couldn't justify the price tag anymore, so I returned them teary-eyed.  I think the sales associate felt awful taking them for me.  It's no surprise, I regretted the decision.  I kept thinking about those shoes, and how impossible it was going to be to ever find them again.  I decided to give it a shot anyway, and put in a request that Zappos notify me if they ever got them in stock in my size.  One morning I woke up to the Zappos app ding on my phone that they had them!!!  I couldn't believe it.  I instantly added them to my cart and returned them to their loving home.

True story.  I can't make it up.  



By the way, Kate Spade decided to make them again, so you can find them on their website now in navy, silver, platinum, or multi glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment