Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cincinnati

This has been the year of travel for me and my husband. Last weekend was no different - we drove to Cincy for my cousin's wedding reception.  We got in town Friday afternoon, and it was HOT!  We already had tickets to the Reds vs. Braves game that evening, so we thought we would stop by to check out the ballpark.  It was a nice stadium...




With big, refreshing beers...



We had a great time!  I hardly watched the game; I was too busy laughing with my cousins.  It's always so fun when we get together.  My baseball fanatic husband was stoked he got to see the Reds' pitcher Chapman and Braves' pitcher Kimbrel, so we both left hot and happy.

We decided to take the party to the hotel bar and literally drank them out of draft beer - starting with Stella Artiola.  (not a typo, just a funny quote from the night).


A native Cincy friend, gave us a few food recs for the weekend, so of course, we had to try them all.  We started that night with La Rosa's pizza.


We devoured four large pizzas, but I gotta admit I've become a pizza snob... it doesn't even make my top 5.  There wasn't anything bad, just not enough to knock out one of my faves.

Saturday we continued to check off the list of Cincy things to try.  Next up, Skyline Chili.


We had quite a sampling - loaded chili bowl, chili bean mix burrito deluxe, cheese coney, 4-way chili, and 5-way chili.  (Don't worry that wasn't all just for the two of us!).

        


And to finish off the caloric weekend, our fave - Graeter's ice cream.  


I would highly recommend this stop for ice cream.  Everyone there really enjoyed the treats, and there was a really cute old lady serving it up.  If you know me, you know I have a big soft spot for the elderly.



Now for the style segment of the trip.  We stumbled across this little gem... House of Adam Men's Wear.


My husband spotted this ruby from the street.


I wish you could see the attention to detail they put into it.  It was a three piece, eight-button NBA draft suit - lots of triangular flaps and flared pant legs.  My husband was going to wear it to the reception Saturday night, but we couldn't get a sales associate to help us - they pretended like they didn't see us holding their suit.


Stay tuned for part 2 of Cincinnati... the reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment